Italy's response to the iced coffee is the Shakerato. A popular drink for refreshment in many places! If you order a Shakerato at the bar in Italy, pay attention to the pronunciation: the first A is not used as in English "a" but is actually pronounced "a"!
Preparation of the Shakerato
The preparation is very simple, all you need is:
A shaker, ice cubes, fine sugar or syrup and a double espresso
- | Cool the shaker in the freezer compartment
- | Fill the Shaker with ice cubes
- | Prepare a double espresso (50-60ml)
- | Fill the espresso in the Shaker
- | Add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar or syrup
- | Close the shaker, shake vigorously (15-30sek. to get the crema)
- | Open the Shaker and pour the espresso into a cocktail glass. Use a sieve to hold the ice cubes back.
Enjoy your Shakerato!
Coffee recommendations for Shakerato
Basically, any of our Italian espresso varieties is suitable for a "shakerato". Here are a few recommendations:
This dark 100% arabica blend unfolds its strong aroma even in a cool state and harmonizes very well with the sweetness of the sugar
Passione maintains its vanilla notes even when chilled.
The Supermax Bar convinces with a clear aroma in the Shakerato.