Besides the Shakerato and the Affogato, there is another great way to freshen up with a cold espresso: the espresso tonic! The idea behind the trendy beverage comes from barista competitions where the strong aroma of the espresso was combined with the freshness of tonic water for the first time.
Preparation of the Espresso Tonic
The preparation of the espresso tonic is very simple, the following ingredients are needed:
- A longdrink glass
- Ice cubes to fill the glass
- Tonic water (approx. 180ml)
- Double espresso (approx. 50-60ml)
And this is how you prepare the Espresso Tonic:
- | Fill the longdrink glass with the ice cubes
- | Fill Tonic Water into the glass. Make sure you leave enough room for the espresso
- | Prepare a double espresso
- | Allow the espresso to slide slowly over the ice cubes into the glass. Thus the two liquids stay separated, which gives a great look! A latte macchiato jug is suitable as a dispenser for the espresso
Enjoy your Espresso Tonic!
Coffee recommendation for Espresso Tonic
In principle, each of our Italian coffees is suitable for the Espresso Tonic. Here are a few recommendations to start:
This dark 100% arabica blend unfolds its strong aroma even in a cool state
This espresso from Sacile dominates flavor in the milk and is perfect for those who prefer a strong coffee character in the foreground.
Passione maintains its vanilla notes even when chilled.
The Supermax Bar convinces with a clear aroma in the Espresso Tonic.